Biospecimen & Core Research Laboratory
The state-of-the-art Ochsner Biospecimen & Core Research Laboratory was established in 2011 to create an extensive and robust biospecimen and clinical data repository that provides research investigators with a reliable ready source of a variety of quality biospecimen for cutting-edge translational and clinical research projects.
Developments in genomics, proteomics and metabolomics mean that new molecular biomarkers for diagnosis, prognosis and targets for treatment of many diseases are being identified. To exploit these developments, large numbers of biospecimen are required to conduct of high quality biomedical research.
- Ochsner Health is the largest health system in Louisiana, comprised of 14 owned/affiliated hospitals and over 48 health centers, providing a pool of diverse donor population
- Ochsner Research is the largest clinical research enterprise in Gulf South Region
- Strict adherence to local and international ethical regulations and standards
- Operations under strict internal governance structure
- Guaranteed quality and collection standard compliance
- Detailed and de-identified clinical and pathological data with each biospecimen
- Dedicated and professional project life-cycle management
- Flexibility and adaptability to client needs
- Experienced in exceeding demands of local, national, global clients, and collaborators