Center for Outcomes and Health Services Research
Office of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
The Biostatistics Unit helps researchers create and fine-tune their projects and works closely with investigators through all stages of the research process. The unit also analyzes data using a variety of methodologies and work with researchers to write manuscripts and disseminate research findings. If data analysis is required for research, the investigator must submit proof of IRB approval to use the data for research purposes. To request biostatistics consultation, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will contact you to set up the consultation. Please allow at least 4 weeks for your request to be completed. In order to provide an outstanding service, it is always preferable that you contact us before your research begins! Visit our intranet page for Frequently Asked Questions.
Things to know:
- During the initial consultation we will review your study design, research question(s) and hypothesis, variables and how these are measured, so please have these items finalized.
- Requests take at least 4 weeks from initial consultation and/or receipt of final data.
- Results will include statistical methods, statistical results, and basic interpretation.
- If you need further explanation of your results or additional analysis, you may contact your biostatistician directly.
- The magnitude of services provided by your biostatistician may merit co-authorship. Discuss this with your biostatistician prior to any abstract or manuscript submission.
Ochsner Information Systems has set up a system-wide license for SAS statistical software.
Requests to add new users to the license can be placed via IS Support Ticket. You will need to Log New IS Request for Access Request for Existing Application.
A SAS 9.4 icon will appear on the public desktop so users won’t have to search for it. For any additional questions please contact IS at email@example.com.