Center for Applied Health Services Research
The mission of the Center for Applied Health Services Research is to advance knowledge to improve clinical practices and the health and well-being of our community. Our vision is to become a Patient Centered Outcome Research Center of Excellence in the Gulf South Region.
The Center accomplishes its mission and vision by:
- engaging healthcare decision makers;
- leading innovative research;
- translating research into practice,
- collaborating with investigators from leading academic institutions; and
- disseminating research findings to patients, providers, and the broader community.
Pictured here, the Ochsner Patient Research Advisory Board (PRAB) serves in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Center for Applied Health Services Research.
The Center’s research activities focus on discovering, implementing, and evaluating interventions to improve quality of care, health outcomes, and the patient care experience to reduce the cost of care.
These drivers guide the Center’s strategies for improving the healthcare environment.
Current and prior investigations include:
- Functional Status
- Co-morbidity/case-mix adjustment
- Adherence to medication
- Adherence to physical activity
- Predictive modeling of outcomes
- Chronic disease management
- Disease risk reduction & preventive health
- Health information technology assessments
- Population health management
- Collaborative care models/care team optimization
- Health service delivery redesign
- Patient centered medical home & accountable care
Patient Research Advisors help review Ochsner research for patient-centeredness and assist with translating findings to the community.