Professor of Surgery, Section of Vascular/Endovascular Surgery, Program Director, Vascular Surgery FellowshipOchsner Clinic
1514 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans LA 70121 504-842-4076 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor, Section of Vascular/Endovascular Surgery
- Program Director, Vascular/Endovascular Surgery Fellowship Program
- Society for Vascular Surgery Foundation Development Committee
- Dept. of Surgery Program Director, Vascular Surgery Fellowship
- Chair, Physician Research Steering Committee, Ochsner Clinic
- Chair, Physician Research Council
Education and Training
- 2005 – 2007 Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT Yale University School of Medicine Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery
- 2000 – 2005 The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY Department of Surgery, General Surgery Residency Program
- 2000 Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC; Doctor of Medicine, MD
- 1996 – 1998 Howard Hughes Medical Institute - National Institutes of Health, Research Scholar
- 1990 – 1994 Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN; College of Arts and Sciences, BS
- Atherosclerotic plaque instability
- Carotid artery disease
- Molecular basis of atherosclerosis
- Inflammation in atherosclerosis
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
Mihindu E, Mohammed A, Smith T, Brinster C, Sternbergh WC 3rd, Bazan HA. Patients with moderate to severe strokes (NIHSS > 10) undergoing urgent carotid interventions within 48 hours have worse functional outcomes. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2019 May; 69: 1471 – 81.
Bazan HA. Invited commentary for Spanos K et al Carotid artery plaque echomorphology and its association with histopathological characteristics. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2018 Dec; 68: 1781.
Bazan HA, Y Lu, B Jun, Z Fang, TC Woods, SA Hong. Circulating inflammation-resolving lipid mediators RvD1 and DHA are decreased in patients with acutely symptomatic carotid disease. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids 2017 Oct; 125: 43-47.
Bazan HA, Hatfield SA, Brug A, Brooks AJ, Lightell D, Woods TC. Carotid plaque rupture is accompanied by an increase in the ratio of serum circR-284 to miR-221 levels. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics 2017 Aug; 10(4) e00172.
Goldsmith L, Wiebke K, Seal J, Brinster C, Smith TA, Bazan HA, Sternbergh WC 3rd. Complications after endovascular treatment of hepatic artery stenosis following liver transplantation. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2017; S0741-5214(17) 31358 – 7.
Bazan HA, Hatfield S, O’Malley C, Brooks A, Lightell D, Woods TC. Acute loss of miR-221 and miR-222 in the atherosclerotic plaque shoulder accompanies plaque rupture. Stroke 2015; 46: 3285 – 7.
Bazan HA, Zea N, Jennings B, Smith TA, Vidal G, Sternbergh WC 3rd. Urgent carotid intervention is safe after thrombolysis for minor to moderate acute ischemic stroke. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2015; 62: 1529 – 38.
Bazan HA. Urgent CEA/CAS are safe after tPA treatment in patients with minor-to-moderate stroke in Vascular News, BIBA Medical, London, UK November 2015.
Bazan HA, Le L, Donovan M, Sidhom T, Smith TA, Sternbergh WC 3rd. Retrograde pedal access for patients with critical limb ischemia. Journal of Vascular Surgery 2014; 60:375 – 82.
Bazan HA, Caton G, Talebinajad S, Hoffman R, Smith TA, Vidal G, Gaines K, Sternbergh WC 3rd. A stroke/vascular neurology service increases the volume of urgent CEAs performed in a tertiary referral center. Annals of Vascular Surgery 2014; 28 : 1172 – 7.