The Patient Research Advisory Board was created and is sponsored by Ochsner Health Systems (OHS) Center for Applied Health Services Research (CAHSR) to:
- Keep patients at the center of why & how we do research (patient-centered)
- Help researchers answer questions that matter most to patients, clinicians & other decision makers
- Engage patients and other stakeholders throughout the research process to increase the relevance
What is the Patient Research Advisory Board (PRAB)?
The PRAB are community members, including OHS patients, who provide constructive feedback to investigators conducting clinical trials or health services research.
Who can use the PRAB’s services?
This service is designed to facilitate patient engagement in both industry sponsored (pharmaceutical/ manufacturer/device) and investigator initiated studies (e.g. NIH, PCORI, AHRQ). Any OHS Center of Excellence investigator interested in working directly with patient and community members can use the PRAB. By engaging them in their research, investigators may benefit from a deeper understanding of patient knowledge, experiences and/or preferences.
What kinds of feedback could the PRAB offer?
• Clarity of content and format (images, font) of recruitment materials
• Feasibility of recruitment and retention strategies
• Wording and sensitivity of survey or focus group questions
• Relevance of outcome measures to patients (e.g. quality of life)
• Interpretation of research findings within the appropriate context
• Review research products available to patients and community (e.g. guidelines, services, technology products)
• Guide investigators on how patients and community should receive the information (e.g. town halls, social media, emails, personal testimonials)
How do I request the PRAB's help?
Complete the request form available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
How often does PRAB meet?
Contact the Center for Applied Health Services Research for details: